- How do I...?
- About Us
- Staff Directory
- Mission & Vision
- Library Policies & Governance
- Friends of the Berkeley Public Library
- Board of Trustees
- What's New at BPL?
How to Register to Vote
In order to vote in Illinois, you must:
- Be a United States citizen.
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Live in your election precinct at least 30 days prior to Election Day.
- Not be convicted and in jail.
- Not claim the right to vote anywhere else.
There are two ways residents of the Village of Berkeley can register to vote:
The Illinois State Board of Elections offers Online Voter Registration. This service requires a valid email address and/or access to a printer in order to complete the process.
Information on in person voter registration can be found at Registering to Vote in Illinois