- How do I...?
- About Us
- Staff Directory
- Mission & Vision
- Library Policies & Governance
- Friends of the Berkeley Public Library
- Board of Trustees
- What's New at BPL?
How to Use the Print & Fax Services
The Berkeley Library has recently upgraded the print and fax services offered in the library. These upgrades allow patrons access to wireless printing, remote printing, and self-service faxing/scanning.
- Black and white printing/copying: $.10/page
- Color printing/copying: $.50/page
- Faxing: $1.00/page
- Scanning: $.10/page
Printing from a library computer
Documents may be printed from public computer terminals in both black/white and color. Public computer use at the library requires a valid Berkeley Library card and must be presented at the circulation desk.
- Select standard 'Print' option from program being used. Choose 'Patron BW' or 'Patron Color' depending on if color is desired.
- Click 'Print'. After a few moments, a pop-up window will appear stating number of pages and calculated cost.
- Enter a username where prompted. This can be first name, last name, or a combination of the two.
- Click 'Print' in pop-up window.
- Within a few moments, the username entered will appear on the Print Manager Station, located next to the printer.
- Follow on-screen instructions on the Print Manager Station to print document.
Documents can be sent remotely (from home or from a wireless device) to the Berkeley Library. Users can then come to the library and print out these documents. Documents are stored for 24 hours before being removed from the system.
- Go to the Berkeley Library's remote printing website.
- Follow on-screen instructions. You may attach a single document OR print the contents of a webpage by entering that page's address.
- Within a few moments, the username entered will appear on the Print Manager Station in the Berkeley Library, located next to the printer.
- Follow on screen-instructions on the Print Manager Station to print document.
Self-Service Faxing & Scanning
The self-service faxing and scanning station is located just inside the entrance to the library, across from the circulation desk. The station allows for faxing, scanning to email, scanning to a flash/USB storage device, or scanning to the print station. Follow on-screen instructions, using the touch-sensitive screen when selecting options.