- How do I...?
- About Us
- Staff Directory
- Mission & Vision
- Library Policies & Governance
- Friends of the Berkeley Public Library
- Board of Trustees
- What's New at BPL?
How to Use Library Public Computers
Ten public computers are available for patron use in the Berkeley Public Library. Six PCs are located to the right of the circulation desk, two are located in the south study area, and two PCs are located in the children's area. Use of these computers is restricted as follows:
- Registered patrons with a valid Berkeley Public Library card only.
- Library fines must not exceed $5.00 at the time of requested computer use.
- Computer use is limited to two hours or one hour if other patrons are waiting.
- Berkeley patrons must have a Computer Usage Form on file at the circulation desk.
- Children who have not yet completed the sixth grade must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
- Computers are shut down 15 minutes prior to closing time.
To register for computer use, simply bring your current Berkeley Public Library card to the circulation desk.
The online catalog is located to the left of the library's circulation desk. Patrons do not need to register for use of this computer, however use is restricted to the library's online catalog only. For help in using the catalog, please see the "Catalog How To" page or ask a staff member for assistance.